3.02.2013

Rising Tide 7.5 - Moira Crone and "The Not Yet"

Technical issues prevented me from liveblogging Moira Crone's discussion and reading of her New Orleans based science fiction novel "The Not Yet," but I was glad I got to focus on the presentation without the distractions of typing in the highlights.

This wasn't just a discussion of her book. Though those in attendance got to dig deep into this fascinating and poignant work, the whole of the presentation served as an examination of New Orleans' place in the popular culture of America as a city existing in the three feminine characterizations of muse, nurturer, and prophet, in the three tenses of the past, present, and future.

Just like the book, I'll be thinking about conversation for a long, long time.


1 comment:

  1. I have a recording and lots of notes, and will be posting something on ToulouseStreet.net later this week (maybe today; it's cold out).

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis